Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Conveyor Belt

Yesterday I was standing in line at the supermarket with all of my stuff already on the conveyor belt. Behind me were standing two guys who were probably in their late teens (all boys are 5 years old...), badly dressed in baggy and punk clothing and an even worse smell.

When it came time to put the beers that they were buying on the conveyor belt, the one right behind me tried to sneak the grocery separation bar behind the front two beer bottles. Thanks for trying, but that was about as subtle as ketchup on a white sweater. I looked over and gave him a big, friendly, "... Don't f*** with me" look. He gave me a cheesy, nervous chuckle and oily slid the bar back to its rightful spot. It might not have been as sad if he had looked like he was actually joking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah...nowadays youth.. (shakes head)
I suggest, next time you could "pull off" a thing like this, in order to show them who's boss: (and sell it "nebenbei" as a hidden kung-fu technique)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4lc1PlwHos

Martin

Zhela said...

Whoa, that was sweet! That is quite a stunning first reaction.... Not what most people think of when approaching a potentially dangerous troublemaker. And yet so effective!!