Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Altmodische Musik

("Outdated Music")

Conversation from the Begrüßungsparty.
S (German friend) is reading the mixed CD for the party music:
Me: "Is that the tracklist for the entire evening?"
S: "Yep. It seems like there's quite a bit of older pop music on here, actually..."
Me: "What kind of music do you like to listen to anyway?"
S: "Ohhh, even older stuff. I'm so old-fashioned. You'd probably laugh."
Me: "For exaaample?"
S: "Haha, The Beatles or something. Pink Floyd... Oh, The Who!... and..." (+ few more that I don't remember)
Me: "That's not that bad!"
S: "Haha, I thought you or people in your general age group might probably think that was old-fashioned of me."
Me: "Oh S, I wouldn't worry about what I might think. Most of the music that I listen to is far older. I mean, when I say I might listen to music from the 60's, it's more like.... the 1860's."

1 comment:

S said...

Tell your friend that it's actually "cool" to listen to classic stuff. And everyone has a few Beatles songs in their collection. They were popular for a reason!