Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Wrath of the Storm


There is this... this... HURRICANE over Regensburg right now... and... and...

... and I'm LOVING IT!!!!!

The rain is a good, clear 45° angle from the ground. It's so violent and turbulent here right now that building walls that never get wet are finding out what it's like to be soaked.

I was the slowest person walking home on the street. Because I LOVED IT!! Aside from arriving home and sneezing out about half of the dirt from all the construction in a three-block radius. Vicious winds, as previously stated. Dust clouds like you only see on the prairies, before the rain started.

It was already brewing when I finished dinner and walked out to the park to spin poi. And it was thick in the air as I was in the park. And finally, I left because I couldn't spin against the wind any more.

I think half the flowers on my windowsill just got brutally decapitated.

I'm too excited to take pictures. And you wouldn't understand how glorious it is anyway.

If I was strong enough to defend myself and destroy large, flying objects in mid-air, like giant, tumbling umbrellas and café chairs, I like to think that I would certainly still be out there right now.

(The Amélie soundtrack turns out to be really excellent for certain storm weather!)

No comments: