Sunday, January 11, 2009

Heimat -- Home

As I am updating some travel reservation info with my plane ticket for the flight home later in the summer, I suddenly feel the urge to cry. Mother, Father, the reason why I have procrastinated updating the date of that flight is because, I realize, I do not want to leave. I do not want to set the date when I have to go back. I don't want to set a date at all. I want to stay here. Of course I'm going to fly back and finish what I have to at Vanderbilt, but... I'm only going to do it now because I absolutely have to. I really don't want to leave. I'm so happy here. I miss you all, but I'm so happy here. I wish I didn't have to go back in order to finish.

Geexas, I'm not even leaving for another seven and a half months.
Oh my holy heavens, I only have another seven and a half months!

No comments: