Sunday, January 04, 2009

Gute Aussprache - Lustiges Beispiel

("Good Pronunciation - Funny Example")

Pertaining to the topic of the previous post, a friend and I were talking in her kitchen a couple of weeks ago. She's Czech but speaks good German and English. All of our conversations are therefore hybrids of the two, depending on what we are talking about or how we feel. One of her flatmates wandered in briefly to get something, and he asked us out of curiosity, "How come you guys don't just use German, and randomly switch to English all the time?"

Friend: (to him) "Because she's American and an English native-speaker and it helps me practice and we can."

Flatmate: (to me) " ....Wait, you're not from Germany??"


Pardon me while I continue to gloat.

2 comments:

S said...

I continue to tell people that you are a genius. It took too long for YOU to hear it.
Love,
S

Zhela said...

Hahaha, thank you. How flattering ;) . I think it has just taken this much time and a certain amount of experiences for me to reach this point where I have started to admit to things like that...

Or just getting away from home :P .