Monday, July 20, 2009

Schnecke


It takes approximately 40 minutes for a tiny snail to mope around, poop, eat half of what came out and then go along on its merry way.

I know this because that's how long I watched one yesterday evening on a bench at the University.

Seriously, there are soooo many things I would rather do than write my final essays.

(Did you know it doesn't come out the "tail" end, but rather at the opening of the shell, fairly close to its head if it's curled closer up? I know this post has been utterly disgusting, but I can't help but always be fascinated by biological things.)

2 comments:

S said...

That makes sense. It is similar to a snake. They don't poop or reproduce from their tails- there's an opening further up.
When exactly is this procrastinated essay due?

Zhela said...

Two more essays due. One is 8/10 pages complete, and due this Friday. The other is 0.8/10 pages complete, and is due Monday.