Sunday, July 19, 2009

'Burgweh - Mosquito-Free


While we still get a lot of bugs during the summer here in Regensburg, especially gnats galore, I'm thankful that at least they are rarely ever mosquitoes. I've only gotten one (and a half?) bites here all summer, and I'm actually not even sure it was a mosquito at all.

I am so loath to return to the southern United States, where it is not only even more humid and sticky and miserably hot, but is also the Nether-Kingdom Of the Not-So-Miniscule Airborne Blood-Suckers Who Bringeth Suffering and The Nights Of Hell.

(When I was a kid, I once remember us counting 97 mosquito bites across my whole body. Nights of Hell).

2 comments:

Jane said...

no bugspray?

Zhela said...

In spite of bugspray. And if I didn't have bugspray, I think I'd come back sometimes with two new bites just from getting the mail...