Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Home!

Alright. It's a little after 7:00 AM and I'm sitting in my room peeling my eyelids open as part of my plan to counter the jet lag. In the last half year, I've usually woken up around 6:30 - 7:30 AM, so maybe this will aid with getting back into routine. Plus, I woke up at 3:00 AM for absolutely no reason of disturbance, which never happens, so my body is still in a bit of a, "I'm telling you, these Circadian Rhythm orders from upstairs just CAN'T BE RIGHT, it's mid-morning, I tell you!! MID-MORNING!!" attitude right now. Don't worry, you'll be feeling better and back in American Central Time soon enough, Körper mine.

So! For most of you smart cookies out there, you'll know that I'm finally back home now, after a grueling but fortunately uneventful 1-shuttle, 3-plane, 23-hour, 2-in-flight-movie, multiple-bouts-of-crying trip from Regensburg > Munich > Amsterdam > Detroit to HOME. No lost luggage, no significant injuries, no major additional emotional scarring (but I think I made an old lady cry when she saw me pull out a note from a friend and start crying as I read it at the Munich airport). Two thumbs up for uneventful traveling.

Originally, I imagined this blog would come to an end upon my return, since it was primarily focused on expressing and telling what was happening to me in Germany on my year abroad. But on second thought, that's not true. There's experience in coming home itself, and more importantly, I already anticipate the infamous reverse culture shock to come. I'm not done telling stories just yet.

So in a nutshell, there will be some other things to come here. And if you get bored, of course there's always Bloog-a, my other little blog floating about in cyberspace.

Farewell, Regensburg. My heart breaks to leave you, but I'll be back some day to reclaim the pieces.

No comments: