Monday, August 10, 2009

Somewhere Beyond The Sea

Sanni is a friend of mine in Germany. We have a sort of joke of making bad jokes between each other. As I was sitting next to her with a few other acquaintances during my last week in Regensburg, I turned to Sanni and melodramatically sighed,

"Oh, Sanni, of all things to accidentally forget in Regensburg.... I've left my heart!"

Of course, a few days later as a farewell gift, she got me this sweet red jacket with REGENSBURG across the front, and on the left side where my heart is, there is a small, iron-on patch of the crossed double keys, symbol and seal of Regensburg.

I miss living within walking distance of you, Sanni. I'm not even within swimming distance any more.

3 comments:

Quang Bui said...

Such an honest an expressive blogger! Props to you for your wonderful story telling and thanks for the sharing of your experiences. You made me laugh and smile a few times too.

Adventure onward!

Zhela said...

Thanks and I'm glad you enjoy reading along :) . It's always really good to know too that there is an actual audience, alive and kicking, out there somewhere!

Sanni said...

Ahhh, Elaine!
We (Regensburg and I) miss you, too!!!!