Thursday, September 11, 2008

Duschen

Thinking back on it, I wish I had remembered to take a picture of my old shower head. The shower heads here in my building are the kind that you can take off the wall and use as a sprayer.

On the first day I got here, Sanni showed me around a few places so that I could find what I might need. Then I went back to my room to take a shower, because traveling on three flights for two days is disgusting, among other things.

I tried to set it on its post. It was angled too far in, and sprayed towards the wall. So I gently pried it outward. It didn't want to. The shower head broke on my first day here. I tried my best to screw it back on, but the problem was that it was old, and the screw part was all but crumbling away.

The second day, it broke further yet, if you believe that's possible.

When you have problems, you write it on a little notebook downstairs for the Hausmeister (house master) to see. If it's a weekday, he'll get right to it pretty soon and come perform maintenance.

Since it broke for the second time on a Friday night, I showered with something more or less like a small garden hose for about 3-4 days.

I happen to find this hilarious.

(PS -- He did end up replacing the whole equipment, so fortunately, I do have a brand new, shiny shower head now.)

No comments: