Sunday, September 21, 2008

World Record One Wheelers!

If you noticed the entry two posts ago, then you'll know where I was today. However, because uploading and detailing so many pictures onto blog posts is a real pain in the rear, I've just put them all up on my Picasa web album (which incidentally also holds a great amount of other pictures that I've taken since being here). Here's the direct link to the album of just today's pictures:

2008 World Record Unicycling!
Gewerbepark, Regensburg

Here's the scoop. In 2005, there was a big unicycling get-together event held in order to attempt the largest number of unicyclists riding 500 meters with no falls or crashes. The turn out was huger than expected, with over 1400 participants in the final successful count.

Today, this even was held once again in Gewerbepark, Regensburg, to try and beat that old record. Apparently, these unicyclists today managed 800 meters for a count of over 1600 riders.

.... I WAS IN THE SAME PLACE AS 1600 OTHER PEOPLE WHO CAN UNICYCLE TOO!!!

*faints in delight*

Today was just marvelous. That's all the detail that I need to cover in the blog for now, so go sofort ("immediately") to the link above to see the pictures and further details of the event. Also, I took some video while walking around. I'm hoping to assemble the clips together and perhaps upload it on YouTube sometime.

Ohhhhh, I was so pleased today.

No comments: